Sunday, November 15, 2009

Turtle Vibes

















Im trying to think when I had my first encounter with a turtle,I think it was preschool. We went to the zoo or a pet shop and this man was showing us a turtle and he let us touch it. They are so cool! About seven summers ago at a camp we made a totem pole and we had to think of something we wanted to carve and I carved a turtle, but I don't know what influenced me to do that. From what I have seen of turtles they seem to be very peaceful and wise animals. Turtles symbolize mother earth and "our ability to find happiness on mother earth." Yes turtles are slow, but there is nothing wrong with that. Many of us tend to think that fast and quick is better, but why? At least in my life everything is too quick and I need to take the time to go slow. The fact that turtles symbolize mother earth and our ability to be happy on it says that we should be living life slow and not running all over the place always trying to get stuff done. Maybe if we took more time in doing the things we loved we would be happier or if we walked a little slower.

Surrounding yourself with negative vibes is not the way to go. Always be positive and strive for happiness.

This is my first blog post and im pysched to start updating everyday. My inspiration for starting this blog was my friend Ari who has the coolest blog I've seen.

Adding on to what I wrote before about always being positive and striving for happiness. My brother said to me what do you mean? Don't preach. I felt insulted at first, because I was just expressing my idea of a way to be. He then said well what does this happiness and postivity look like?
For everyone happiness is different and positivity as well, I guess. So to me striving for happiness and being positive means to find things that warm your heart, make you smile, make you want to do something, inspiration, and loving others and yourself. A sunset makes me happy, flowers, trees and everything natural, music, ari's blog, a warm day, a cold day, biking, hiking, talking to people on the street or on the train, a smile, playing ultimate frisbee, and so much more. For everyone this is different, but whatever it is for each one of us it relates in the feeling. Maybe if everyday we thought of what made us happy or did something that we love then we would be happier and excited each day of our life. My overall thought is that I want a stronger community with kind loving people.

1 comment:

  1. Antonia, i love your blog, keep up the great work and great messages i love you!

    ReplyDelete