Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Bike Ride


I had the best day today!
Biked to school with Ari along the river, had fresh air instead of being in a dirty train. I was awake all day except for in science when we were watching No Reservations I fell asleep for a bit. Lunch was awesome, went to Fordham and played hacky sack.
My bike ride back home healed me! I had been feeling kind of down, mostly from school, but after this bike ride, I'm myself again. Instead of being home in 20 minutes it took me an hour. I chilled with Augie and Jack for a bit on the corner and then I biked along riverside. As I was biking close to the tennis courts I saw a man sitting down, his face was lifted towards the sun and his eyes closed, so I turned around and the sun was beaming. I got off my bike and sat on a bench where I did the same as the man a few benches over and took a nap. I dreamed a little, but I don't remember what it was about. After 15 minutes I opened my eyes and everything looked blue, I guess from too much sun in my eyes. I finally got on to the Cherry Walk where I biked until I saw a man doing Tai Chi. He was a beautiful little asian man, standing on a rock that went out towards the Hudson River, facing NJ and the sun. I took this time to meditate which I had not done in months. When I opened my eyes the Tai Chi man was walking down the Cherry Road away from me, so I left too. I called my brother before I got on my bike to tell him how happy I was, but he was talking with a teacher so he said he would call me back, but he didn't. I rode my bike a little further unitl I noticed these rock sculptures and drift wood sculptures, I stopped to check those out and to make a sculpture myself. It's cool to have something I have made there, now when I bike I'll be looking out for it. That was my last stop till I reached my building. The wind was pushing against me, I felt like a big old man. Everyone that was riding downtown was flying past me. But I'm happy that I was going slow, because I paid attention to things that I may have missed if I was going any faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment